Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A day of Boyness

Ryan took Aidan out hunting for turkeys this morning. Aidan has been wanting to go for so long. We had him dress up in all his camo stuff. He was so excited. They went about 20 minutes from here on some property of one of Ryan's friends. They saw 3 turkeys but 2 were female and you can't shoot the females. I guess the male one was too far away. They were able to see some deer too and Aidan thought it was so cool to see them in the binoculars. Ryan said that after about 30 minutes Aidan was done and said he was bored. Ryan took Aidan out to Cracker Barrel for breakfast (one of Aidan's favorite restaurants). Aidan crashed on the way home. This is how I found him.
I asked Aidan if he liked it and wanted to go again sometime. He said "Yeah when I am 12." He also mentioned that Ryan's friend had a small ATV that they could use and Aidan was insistent that next time they use it so they wouldn't have to walk so much.
That night Ryan had planned to go golfing with Uncle Blake. When they were making the plans I asked Lacey what we should do while the boys are golfing. Aidan jumped in and said, "You can go shopping and buy MAKEUP (in a sassy voice). Wow, we aren't teaching our kids any gender stereotypes are we? So sure enough while the boys were golfing, Lacey and I bought makeup and clips for our hair. What better date is there than that? Well, I guess if you add going to Dairy Queen after. Yeah that makes it even better.
We love seeing Uncle Blake so much now. I still can't believe he is working so close. I just love love love it!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I'm so so so jealous!!! It looks so beautiful out there. And to have Blake around is an awesome treat.
WE all wondered if Ryan "really" hunted or if he just liked talking about it and buying decoys.