Ryan has been gone all week on a 4 day trip. We haven't had to deal with a 4 day trip since December maybe even November, so we were all a little rusty being a part for that long. Well, lucky I had my sister for part of the time which helped a ton. But Thursday night the kids and I were all sitting on the couch anxiously waiting the arrival of daddy. It was about 9:30 at night and I see Ryan pull in. Then I see a lady sneaking up to our door and in pops Ryan's mom. What the heck? (We were all thinking). She flew in from Seattle to watch the kids while Ryan and I left for a night. I was so surprised. I knew Ryan was up to something but I had no idea it was this.
So the next day Eva took the kids to the zoo and McDonalds and Ryan and I headed off to Cincinnati. It is only an hour from here but with just having to watch Cassidy it felt like I was a million miles from home. On our way up we stopped at a park to play some tennis. We played a set and a half (all that Cassidy was willing to endure). Ryan killed me. I only won 3 games and he won the other 6. It was really fun and we had some good rallies. We stayed in a great hotel in downtown Cincinnati on the top floor. There was a Reds game that night that we thought about going to but opted for a peaceful dinner at PF Changs. It was so good (get the Mongolian Beef) and Cassidy was just perfect. The next morning we slept in and then did a little shopping.
Now, let me tell you about my excitement (and sadness) of the day. Ryan watched Cassidy in the car so I decided to go to Steve and Barry's just to check it out. I had been there once before but felt like it was just a sports store. When I walked up to the doors it had a big sign that said "EVERYTHING $8.95 or less". This was my kind of deal. There were so many cute things. I tried on a ton of clothes...and here is the sadness, not many of them fit me the way I wanted. Still not back to the size I want to be. But let's not talk about that. I found quite a few cute shirts, a very cute white trench coat, and a pair of tennis shoes and nothing was more than $8.95. Loved it! I asked the sales clerk how long they have had this sale going on because it said for a limited time and he said since November. So if you have one close go check it out!
It was so nice to get away from home for a bit and not have the kids to watch. Cassidy was just so perfect that it wasn't even troubling to have her with us. I am so grateful Ryan takes such good care of me and keeps my needs in mind. I am also so grateful to Eva for coming out to take care of Aidan and Lacey. They had such a fun time with her.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
jealous again.
Post a Comment