Yesterday at Aidan's school the parents were invited to eat lunch with their child. Lacey was at school and Ryan was at work, so Cassidy and I had a lunch date with Aidan. We were all excited. I asked Aidan what he wanted me to bring for lunch. He started listing off a typical lunch. I had to remind him I could bring ANYTHING. He opted for bread sticks with garlic butter dipping sauce, a red Gatorade and lofthouse cookie. So that is what we had. It was so fun. He showed me all the kids in his class and told me something about them. After lunch we went to the Book Fair (the real reason they wanted the parents to come). He picked out a new reader book, a book for Lacey and a poster of a fighter jet that he has been talking about for a week. Then I walked him back to class. It was so much fun!
As I was there I thought about a time I had lunch with my sister, Rachael. I was in junior high and it was 2 days before the Thanksgiving break. My sister had just returned home for the holiday from BYU. I was standing in line to get my typical hot lunch when I looked over and saw my sister walk in with a big box. I was shocked to see her. She pulled me out of line and sat me down. She continued to pull out of the box my mom's CHINA, place mats and goblets along with a KFC meal. So she and I ate in my lunch room on my mom's finest serving ware. It was so funny and such a fun surprise. I was the talk of the whole lunch room. Everyone noticed and were asking who my sister was. They all thought she was so pretty. It is a moment I will never forget.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I remember when rachael came to Sawtooth for lunch. i thought I was so cool and all of the boys told me that she was a FOX. What a memory for Aidan
HEY, Rach didn't come eat lunch with me!!!!! I guess I know who her favorites are!!!
The lunch idea with the kids is a great idea. I need to do that more often.
I barely remember that. I'm so glad I was a good big sister at least once, and you remember it. Thanks for the sweet memory. I guess I didn't each lunch with Melinda because she was the older sister and on a mission at the time. I need to eat with my kids more often too.
I'm glad that your school makes a big deal about eating lunch, even tho it is for the book fair. Cuz like your memory of your sister, Aiden will probably always remember that.
I try and eat lunch with my kids every time they have "Hamburger Deluxe". They serve it about once a month so I get to each with one of my kids once a month. I should try the "China" lunch idea for their birthday.
I can't express the joy I feel when I read such a great tribute to your sister. And I feel the joy of what a remarkable sister you have. What a wonderful tradition to continue. Those are special moments that influence our lives. We may not remember all the kindnesses that our brothers and sisters had for us but it creates a sense of love and peace in our hearts for each other. You are all such GREAT children. I can't thank Heavenly Father enough for the blessing of loving and living with you. Pass it along!!! MOM
Post a Comment