In the last couple of months, Aidan developed a mole on his shoulder. It really bothered him and he would pick at it until it was bleeding. So we decided to go to a dermatologist and get it removed. At the end of August they removed the mole. As is customary, they had to do a biopsy on it to make sure everything was okay. We received a phone call from the dermatologist himself with the conclusion that the mole was actually a Spitz Nevus. Because of this, it was necessary so remove the cells that were deeper into the skin so it wouldn’t grow back. In order to do this, Aidan would have to go to the hospital for a small surgery.
His surgery was this morning. It was early in the morning and we were both a little frazzled. Aidan was so brave though. He only teared up once. I didn’t cry until they took him from me and I was safely in the privacy of the bathroom. Then the tears were impossible to hold back. The surgery only took 15 minutes. Everything went really well. He has 6 stitches on his left shoulder. I was able to see him about 30 minutes after the surgery was over. He was mad when I saw him but I think it was because they took off his underwear without him knowing and that ticked him off. It also could have been that they were going to have to pull his loose tooth so it wouldn't interfere with the tube in his throat. They ended up not having to and he was a little disappointed that he still had his tooth. I was so happy they didn't have to take it out because I wanted him to experience loosing his tooth on his own. He was pretty mellow for a bit but I could see him returning to himself. He had to be wheeled out in a wheelchair which I couldn’t tell if liked or not. Once we were in the car he was acting himself, rocking out to music and playing the PSP.
I am so proud of the cute boy. Seriously he was so brave and didn’t complain once. He is a strong. I am so glad it is over and he is doing fine.
Before
His surgery was this morning. It was early in the morning and we were both a little frazzled. Aidan was so brave though. He only teared up once. I didn’t cry until they took him from me and I was safely in the privacy of the bathroom. Then the tears were impossible to hold back. The surgery only took 15 minutes. Everything went really well. He has 6 stitches on his left shoulder. I was able to see him about 30 minutes after the surgery was over. He was mad when I saw him but I think it was because they took off his underwear without him knowing and that ticked him off. It also could have been that they were going to have to pull his loose tooth so it wouldn't interfere with the tube in his throat. They ended up not having to and he was a little disappointed that he still had his tooth. I was so happy they didn't have to take it out because I wanted him to experience loosing his tooth on his own. He was pretty mellow for a bit but I could see him returning to himself. He had to be wheeled out in a wheelchair which I couldn’t tell if liked or not. Once we were in the car he was acting himself, rocking out to music and playing the PSP.
I am so proud of the cute boy. Seriously he was so brave and didn’t complain once. He is a strong. I am so glad it is over and he is doing fine.
Before
After

7 comments:
I'm thinking he liked the wheel chair. Glad he is doing well. It is always so hard to do those things with them. One of my boys had to be checked into the hospital a couple of years ago. It was so scary!
yeah, no matter what they are doing at the hospital be it small or large, it is frightening. Can't believe you cried in the bathroom.
Nobody would know that your kid is just getting a mole removed.
So glad it went well and everything is fine!
Hey Tiffany- Glad everything went well with Aidan's shoulder. Hopefully that will be the last hospital trip for awhile. I cried when Addi lost her first tooth. I know it sounds stupid, but my baby girl growing up was too much to handle. Just wait until he goes to first grade and has projects due and homework to do... that's when I really noticed that my kiddos were really growing up!
he is a brave boy. Cameron has a nevi on his head that I am nervous about. I'm glad Aidan is back to himself.
Whew, scary! What a brave boy--and what a brave MOM.
Oh Tiffany, that is such a stressful situation. I remember when Rachael had her tonsils out, the thing she hated most was that they took her panties. I'm glad you were both so brave. I'm so thankful that it turned out to be nothing too serious. We are all truly blessed. Love MOM
Post a Comment