Thursday, October 16, 2008

It came out!

Today while Aidan was at the doctor's office (yeah, he has strep) his tooth came out. They had just swabbed his throat so he was sitting on my lap. Just after the doctor left the room something fell out of his mouth and bounced off my lap onto the floor. Both Aidan and I were shocked that it was his tooth. He said he just pulled on it with his finger. After I gave Aidan a tissue for the bleeding I scoured the floor to find his tooth. I was shocked how small it was. We put it in a little bag for the car ride home and then he put it in a little yellow treasure box and immediately put it under his pillow. He was so excited and won't stop sticking his tongue through the hole, which of course is the coolest part of losing a tooth.
He asked me how big the tooth fairy was. I told him small enough to sneak in our house and big enough to carry his tooth. He concluded that she was two feet tall but was invisible. Hmm, we will see if we spot her tonight.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

congratulations. He looks like a typical kindergardener.

Alexis said...

I can't believe that it just FELL out, Aiden must have really been working on that tooth. Bummer about the strep. I hope he feels better soon!

teamw said...

hooray!!! did the tooth fairy make it? and how big was she?