Friday, April 15, 2011

Flaps 9

We have been waiting for years for the opportunity for Ryan to upgrade to Captain.  The company finally had a massive upgrade in several cities and Ryan was awarded a captain spot but in Milwaukee.  While we have no intentions of moving to Milwaukee we are excited for the upgrade.  With the upgrade though, Ryan has to endure 4 weeks of training and several tests.  He has to pass the tests in order to become a captain. 

Ryan is a very dedicated person.  He started studying 3 weeks before his class started.  I think that is being prepared.  He thinks he procrastinated.  So for the past 2 months Ryan has spent all his time studying.  We have had piles of books, notebooks, notes, flash cards all over our house.  We have "tried" to leave him alone so he could study.  He started two weeks ago and passed his first test which was a written test.  The next step was an oral test which is the most difficult because the officiator can ask as in depth of questions as he wants on a variety of topics.  We can't wait for this test to be done.

The other night Aidan volunteered to help Ryan study his flash cards.  They studied together for an hour.  When they were done Aidan told me that dad passed and he only missed one question.  Aidan was very impressed.

The next day I was tucking Aidan in bed and he said, "Mom, I would really like to learn more about planes."  I said, "That would be great."  Then he said, "So could you tell me about flaps 9?"  I laughed and said, "Aidan you are talking to the wrong parent. Maybe daddy can give you classes on airplanes."  This is when I knew that Ryan's studying was affecting my kids.  When they start busting out lingo like flaps 9.  I didn't know flaps even had numbers.  As I am writing this Aidan is reading it and telling me that their is flaps 0, 9, 45 and blah blah blah number flaps.  Seriously too much studying!!!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

hahahahahaha! Those Gremmert's and their airplanes. Did I tell you that Mad is obsessed too? I swear I haven't even tried to get her interested. It's totally in the blood.

Christina said...

I just asked Matt what flaps 9 meant. He explained it to me, those boys crack me up. I can only imagine what I'm in store for!