We love General Conference at our house. One of the biggest reasons we have satellite is so we can watch Conference on tv. I always make sure we have good food and lots of work sheets for the kids to keep them busy. This year I saw a cute idea on one of the craft blogs I frequent. They had little buckets full of candy with a key word on it. Every time you heard that word in a talk you could pick a treat from that bucket. We decided to make a tally and get the treats at the end of the talk so we wouldn't be disruptive. It was a great way to get the kids to listen. However, some talks totally drained out our candy supply. I think LOVE was the overall winner. By the end we would say "I'm sick of love, I want a different candy." Cassidy was cute, each time she heard someone say Latter-Day Saints she would say, "Hey we go to that church." Glad to hear she was listening too.
It was a great weekend of relaxation and edification.
2 comments:
great idea!!!
i love that idea. How did you put the lettering on there.? do you have a Silhouette cutter thingy?
I think even my older kids would love the treat idea.
We still play conference bingo and my favorite paper were the ones where they had a blank guy and the kids had to draw the speakers face including glasses, hair, and draw and color their tie.
Post a Comment