Monday, September 7, 2009

All I want is you.


If you are willing to watch 8 hours of a movie just to hear Anne Shirley say to Gilbert Blythe "All I want is you", then you are a kindred spirit.

For the last month, every Sunday I have watched part of Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea with Aidan and Lacey. Ryan did not participate. He would want me to make that VERY clear and was a little frustrated I was indoctrinating Aidan to such female fluff. Well, Lacey, Aidan and I loved watching it together. Aidan was the biggest advocate of it. He would remind us if we forgot. Just to hear him say Anne Shirley, made my heart melt. We just finished today and if you are like me, the best part is the end with Gilbert and Anne on the bridge. Aidan was so funny about them. He thought they were mooshy and said eww gross but at the same time he wanted them to be together. Earlier in the movie when Gilbert said he was engaged to someone else, Aidan was devastated. He said, "He's lying, He's lying." Then when I told him he wasn't lying, you could see in his little face that he was so disappointed. It was so cute to watch him.

It was such a fun Sunday tradition for a little while. I loved it! Maybe in a few months we can do it again. So to all you Anne of Green Gables Fans, remember "tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it."

6 comments:

Melinda said...

how sweet. I've never watched it all the way thru. Just the first one.....which i thought was so fun and clever and cute. Maybe i need to try it with my girls.....and whomever else will sit with us :)

analee hirschi said...

I am totally a Anne of green gables fan. I wanted to name my daughter avonlea and my son Blythe. I remember taking a test at BYU in the testing center room where you can listen to music and they played the theme to Anne I just sat there in my physics test near tears.... love it!!!

Susan said...

ME TOO!! I have seen that show, each part, at least 5 times! It was so fun and entertaining. Last year at this very time we went to Nova Scotia and of course to Prince Edward Island. It was like a dream come true. I was with all the brothers and wives but none of them were as crazy as me. There was such a great spirit of love and promise. There were tons of Anne of Green Gables stores. I just ached to be with all of you because I know you'd feel the same as me. Definitely that is going to be one of our "girls vacations". I was shocked that Van and Shanna had never heard of it. You have to tell Aidan and Lacey that I have saved each a shell from the north shore by Anne's house. Maybe I should send them a little surprise. You are all definitely "boosom friends".

Becky said...

Love Anne of Green Gables. "Carrots" never sounded so sexy as when Gilbert Blythe said it.

Unknown said...

All I have to say is that I left the room in tears during this show because my son was watching such a foo foo show!

Deanna said...

My girls and I used to watch it during the Father's and Son's weekend - before All Star baseball that is! We all loved it! This makes me want to get the movies out and watch them again.
Maybe the stakes for the next Tennis Match of the Year should be a compulsory viewing of Anne of Greene Gables!