Saturday, May 23, 2009

Indiana Jones Party

Aidan had his birthday party today. This is the fourth year I think that he has had a party with his buddy George. It was Indiana Jones themed this year. First we had all the kids go on a scavenger hunt for Indiana Jones items, hat, whip, binoculars, compass etc. Then we had them go through an obstacle course. First they jumped over a pool of snakes, then crawled through a tunnel of rats and bugs to a tent where they had to pick a Holy Grail. They continued to crawl through another tunnel which led them to climb up some steps and run across a table while boulders (beach balls) were being thrown at them. Finally they had to step across a brick path to a chest of sand in which they had to dig through snakes and bugs to find a treasure (golf ball). We had a winner for the right Holy Grail and the specially marked golf ball. It was really fun. A little crazy but fun.
Here is the cake.
Here is the invite.
Aidan had a great time and is so happy so many of his friends came to his party.

5 comments:

Ashly said...

you are such a cool mom! (have I told you that before?? oh. right. lots of times.) so creative and so talented :) I'm taking notes on you, missy.

Melinda said...

love the invitation!
Aidan is so so handsome. I just love his beautiful blue eyes. I can't stop looking at him. Please move close to me!

srorro said...

What a great idea!!! Hope everyone is doing okay. How are the Andersen's? Do they have a blog too? It is so fun to catch up with you guys via blogs!!I feel like I never left LaGrange this way!!

Alexis said...

The cake looks AWESOME!! Great job! Sounds like a blast, Megan sure missed a great party!

Susan said...

What fun ideas!!! I know why they chose you for the Activities Committee...because you are so clever! I'm sure Aidan had a great time. Wish I could have stayed until then..