Thursday, May 14, 2009

All For Chocolate!

Cassidy is approaching 16 months and isn't walking. She will take just one or two steps at a time. She walks from me to Ryan or alongside you but not just on her own. It has really bothered me so I devised a plan. I bought a bag of M&Ms and spent 20 minutes bribing her. I had her walk from the piano bench to me and she got an M&M when she walked but when she didn't I would take it away. She got ticked when that happened. But just after a few tries she figured it out. Walking gets you chocolate. After working with her she began to choose to walk on her own for no reward at all. As she played with the kids the rest of the night she was walking so much more. So, all in the name of chocolate. Here are her two videos.





She walked all that way on her own with no reward. Pretty darn amazin'!

6 comments:

Emilee & Paul said...

She'll be ticked later in life too, when she realizes that if she keeps eating all those M&M's, she'll have to walk a lot further than the length of the hallway!!! :) A girl after my own heart!

Karen said...

YEAH! I knew it would work!!!

analee hirschi said...

awesome. she is so cute walking around. Now she is ready to take off and you are going to want her to slow down. congrats cassidy

Susan said...

That cute little stinker!!! Why didn't we think of that before we left??? I can't believe she is just tootling around on her own. I miss that cute little thing! Her walking is going to save you some time and energy. What did Ryan think of the new development??

Alexis said...

Wow! And she didn't even fall! Hopefully she won't make you wish she wasn't walking when she starts running away from you. But this is such a fun new stage! Hurray Cassidy!!

Melinda said...

I love the little toddler stage. And she is definitely toddling.

And what's up with her kentucky hairstyle?