Sunday, March 15, 2009

A piece of my heart has broken

Today at church I was released as the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. And, my heart has broken. I found out last Sunday and it just has not been an easy week for me. I have cried since last Sunday and haven't been able to sleep very well. I was just devastated when they called me in and told me. As I was the only one from the Presidency to be released, it came as quite a shock. I wasn't ready to be released. I loved working with the primary kids and especially with my own kids. I loved being able to teach them, share my testimony and learn the primary songs with them. I loved going to church to be with the kids. It was a great outlet for me and a place I loved so much. I was able to work in a great presidency. Each member had different talents that made us such a great team. I was able to hear their testimonies, laugh with them and grow with them. I will miss the closeness a presidency shares. I will miss singing primary songs, being with my kids at church and having a place to belong to and to be needed. I was called as the Ward Activities Chairman. It is definitely a change of gears for me. It will be a different challenge and a different reward.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

A good thing is always hard to give up. I hope you find a hidden reward doing the activities.

Best of Luck.
Call if you ever need to brainstorm.

Laura Jansson said...

Awwww! I'm so sorry, that's so hard, especially since you were the only one released. BUT, I know you will do awesome with the new calling. You're so creative, and you will come up with some cool activities for the ward, I'm sure. :) Good luck!

Becky said...

I'm sorry....it's so fun being part of a presidency, especially one that works so well.

Anderson Adventures said...

OOOh, I know how you feel to miss the primary. I am sorry that it had to happen. I hate getting released from something I love. You were great in the primary and a great example to me. I miss you guys. Good luck with the new calling!!!!

Susan said...

I think it's wonderful to love a calling and feel that you are contributing. BUT...Don't let your faith lag in the Lord. He knows what HE's doing and HE knows which of his children that you can touch and BRING BACK to HIM. Always be prayerful and ask who can I touch with this activity. Put you trust in Him and He won't let you down!! He will comfort you and also your children. BUT...be open for His inspiration.

Alexis said...

You don't know how sad I was/am. I am going to miss you SOOO much in there too. You were an awesome teacher to the kids, and a great example to me. You will definately be missed. You can always come back and do sharing time for me!!

Lisita said...

That's such a bitter/sweet aspect of callings. I'm so sorry! I hope that you love your new calling as much as you loved being the 1st coun. I'm sure it will take time, good luck!