It was a snow day today. We have been trapped in the house most of the day. I finished doing the dishes when I saw something on the floor. It looked like a part of one of my baskets had broken off. When I leaned over to pick it up I realized it was HAIR!!!!! I found little snippits of hair all over the kitchen floor. I thought I was losing my mind. But my dear sweet Lacey had taken scissors to her hair. I thought I could get through motherhood without this happening but today was my day. I was SO angry. I think I yelled, lectured, and cried for 20 minutes straight. I wanted her to understand this should never happen again. I think I threatened to take away everything she ever owned, wanted or even ever looked at. When I asked her why she did it, she said, "My hair was getting in my face."
Luckily she hadn't cut any pieces extremely short so I knew it was somewhat redeemable. However, when I took her in to get it cut she had a conniption fit in the stylist's chair. I was livid. She was making a big scene and I was trying to contain my composure. Eventually we got it done. It is cute but it just doesn't look like Lacey. I hoped she's learned.

7 comments:
I feel for you. My oldest put gum behind her ear "like the girl on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and her hair got so caught up in it that we had to cut it out. Imagine trying to deal with hair that doesn't even go down to the ear lobe! It was such a sad day.
Been there, done that...it does make you sick to your stomach when you see their beautiful hair lying on the floor.
Although I think she looks ADORABLE with that haircut.
Yes, she still is adorable. Infact, tara and meg has wanted short hair lately. So she's right in style.
Sorry about the trauma.
that is so sad. I would cry too. I do like her hair and that what a lot of the little girls have right now. she is still a cute little blonde.
She looks so much older with short hair! Thank goodness it'll grow, hopefully quickly for you!
I think that it looks cute. I think you guys playing beauty salon caught up to her and she thought that she could really cut her hair. I hope that this never happens to me. But TOTALLY understand the want to take away everything to try and explain to them how extreme their mistake was that they made. I did the same thing when Megan was opening the door and window when the power was out.
i remember the wrath of my mom when i did that....at least lacey can pull of her new do.
Post a Comment