Saturday, November 1, 2008

Weekend of Celebration

Now that Halloween is over the celebration of Lacey's birthday has begun. My in-laws came out for the occasion and we had a blast playing together. We started off shopping for some presents at Toys-R-Us and then headed to McDonalds for some lunch. After that we went bowling and then more shopping at Target. Lacey had the whole day planned out. When I asked her if we could have some rest time she said, "No boring things today and resting is boring." Well, the princess spoke so there was no rest time planned for.

Bowling was fun. Ryan beat us all though and in so doing won the honor of choosing a movie of his choice at Target. Of course, he picked Iron Man.
About 8:30 tonight I saw my neighbor and her 24 year old son walk across the street towards our house. I was a little concerned as to why they were coming over because they never do. They had just finished up her son's birthday party and had a whole bunch of mylar balloons from it. She had remembered from last year when I borrowed her big blow up birthday cake for the front yard that it was Lacey's birthday tomorrow. She wanted to know if we wanted the birthday balloons. Isn't that the sweetest thing? I couldn't believe she remembered. So Lacey has a whole slew of balloons for her birthday.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

What a sweet gesture from your neighbor. The world is a nice place if you look for it.