Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Top Ten

Top Ten Reasons Why Aidan should NOT start kindergarten tomorrow!

1. Lacey is expecting to go shopping everyday Aidan is in school and I just can't afford that
even though that is exactly what I want to do too.
2. He has to ride a bus 12 miles each way and that is plenty of time to learn naughty words.
3. 6:30 is just way too early to be getting up to catch a 7:10 bus. I will miss our lazy morning
snuggles.
4. He is my baby!
5. I think he will starve at school because I highly doubt he will eat his lunch on his own unless I
just pack a bunch of Cheetos and that's it.
6. I will just plain miss him.
7. GERMS. I am so not looking forward to all the little sicknesses he is going to get from
school and if he EVER comes home with head lice, that's it, he will be home-schooled for the
rest of his life.
8. I don't know if I can handle joining the PTA. That means I'm old.
9. I am already burned out on all the school forms and newsletters. Read and sign, read and
sign. What a bunch of busy work.
10. Did I already say he is my baby?

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Tiff,
We have survived head lice,school forms, school bullys, bus rides, explaining what different naughty slang words meant and why we don't say them,horrible teachers, hours of homework, and watching our children's joy as they learn. Best of luck!
Whit

Melinda said...

Does he have all day kindergarten? I feel your pain. Except meg only rides the bus home and she has about a 3 min ride.....oh and school starts at 9 so we leave the house at 8:20am. Oh and I already have kids in school so we already get all the germs, ........oh and the bad words.
So I guess I feel your pain in that she is my baby:)

Jennifer said...

I remember holding him when he was mere hours old and now he's off to school. He is indeed your baby. And will continue to be. I hope that it's an exciting day and that his excitement helps you feel a bit better about it all.

Ashly said...

t- i feel your pain, but now you need to do a top ten list of why he *should* go to K :) it'll make you feel better!

the5firds said...

My boys started kindergarten last month (year round); I cried the first day. Then I cried the first day they wanted to ride the bus. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Tiff,
Josh turns six and starts 1st grade next week. All day is going to be too much for me! We have gone through the naughty word phase... so much fun. Good luck!
Lisa