Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Day of School....I survived!

Ready for the first day of school. Where is that darn bus? (It was 30 minutes late) FINALLY!!!! Sad mom and excited Aidan.
Just off the bus! I loved kindergarten! It was so fun.
The next few pictures were taken at the open house on Monday.

In front of his school!

I can't wait for school!

Aidan and his new teacher Miss Elliott

Aidan's desk in his classroom

So here is a little of the story. As soon as Aidan woke up Tuesday morning he was concerned about waking up on time for school today so Ryan set our alarm for 6:30 a.m. yesterday morning just to make Aidan stop worrying. Well, he still was worried all day about it. Especially when we tried to get him to go to bed. He was so worried about missing the bus. I had to lay down with him so his little mind would settle down and he could fall asleep. I remember being so excited I couldn't sleep the night before too.
This morning Ryan woke him up and he sat up with a jolt. He was so happy that the day was finally here. We got all ready and took the whole family down to the bus stop to see him off. Unfortunately the bus was 30 minutes late. After about 25 minutes of waiting Aidan was just plain ticked off so he stomped off and headed for home. It was so funny. He was like, "hey, I'm done. I tried to go to school and the bus didn't come so I'm out." He was half way home when the bus came. He ran back excited as ever. Five other neighbor kids ride with him so it was easy for him to hop on and feel comfortable. Once he was on and the bus took off, he gave me the cutest smile and wave through the window. Like, here I go mom! I tried to catch the pic but missed it. At least I will always have the image in my mind though. He was gone and I walked across the street to Ryan and the tears began. Well, they really began last night, okay really they started 2 weeks ago, but I cried all the way back to the house and then a couple more times that morning.
We didn't do anything all day and I think we were just waiting for Aidan to return home. Aidan returned home about 3:00. I picked him up from the bus stop and he had the biggest smile on his face. He knows he is doing BIG kid things now and loves it. He had a great first day and said Kindergarten is fun. He met some new friends and loved riding on the bus. So it was a successful first day. Aidan loved it and I eventually stopped crying.
Side note: Lacey kept asking me all day if I was still crying. I told her I was crying in my heart. She said, "You need to stop crying and be happy. If you stop crying in your heart I will buy you a pink phone for your birthday." So, that was it. I stopped crying.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Loved the story. especially the "i tried to go to school.........the bus late.....I'm OUT!" and I loved lacey telling you she'd get you a pink phone if you'd just be happy. She too young to already know about bribes.

I still can't believe he has all day kg. That's a long day for the little people. But I bet he loved it just the same. It's easier to take as a mom when they are only gone 1/2 day at first. So it must have been a real shocker. Hope you get happy in your heart so you can get that phone.

Tonia said...

Awww, that has to be one of the toughest days ever! I'm glad you made it through.

Laura Jansson said...

I'm so glad he had a blast! He is such a cute boy :) I'm glad you survived. I'm glad you stopped crying... who wouldn't want a pink phone? LOL... cute little lacey--i just love her! :)

The Azel's said...

Oh goodness Kindergarden already! How time flies. And I love the story and pic. Hope you and the rest of your family are well. Hugs Bridget

Alexis said...

That was the funniest thing that Lacey said. So who really wants the pink phone, you or Lacey? I'm glad that Aiden had fun at school, hopefully today was a little better.

Becky said...

I am going to be going through this in a few weeks so I'm glad to hear you survived!

Christina said...

Oh, I am so right there with you, I almost cried just reading your story. I'm so glad we have two more years until I have to go through that, Quinn has one of those August 26th birthdays, and we have talked to so many people that have suggested that boys do better if they wait until they are a year older when there birthdays fall right on the border, and honestly I don't need much convincing.