We went out on the boat Saturday night for boating excursion #3. Each time we go out we do something different. This time we had friends come and went to the Ohio River. I was real nervous because I wasn't too sure about the accomodations and I really wanted everyone to have a good time. The great thing though is that it is REAL close. Loved that. I enjoyed our location. There was a grass area with picnic tables, big tall trees for shade, bathrooms, toys for the kids to play on, and two docks. I missed my cascading canyon walls but it was beautiful here too. Lots of trees along the river. We even saw a couple of barges pushing stuff up the river.In true "Carter" fashion, I made our traditional Picnic cake.
Oh the memories. I hadn't had it in years and it was so delish! I felt so like my mom getting everything ready for our outting. Packing up the food, the towels, sunblock, camping chairs, the plates and cups, and filling up the, what Ryan now calls the Susan Carter Cooler because my mom always is using it.
Seriously I now appreciate so much more what she did for us all those summer nights. Then on the flip side, I see all that Ryan is doing to prepare the boat and put the boat away after. He starts up the boat at home to make sure it starts right, packs all the life jackets, ropes and tube, hooks the boat up to the Explorer. Then when we get home we spray off the life jackets, put on the boat cover, put in a heater to dry everything out and I think of my dad and say, "My dad never did that! My dad never did that either!!!!" Haa haa.We had a great time with our friends. Ryan was able to board and also take the kids out on the tube. I was able to ride with Lacey one time on the tube too. We screamed the whole time and kept giving the slow down signal. We had fun!
A few pics of the night!





3 comments:
So so fun. The place you picked sounds PERFECT. a BATHROOM for sure.
Glad the cake turned out. It looks yummy.........I should make it sometime soon. Where did mom get that recipe from?
And the pictures definitely show you had TONS of fun.
What a fun family outing. Love the pics.
So I thought that I commented and i didn't, so a week later, here I am. It was really fun going out, and your special Carter cake was yummy! I wasn't sure becuz of the dates, but it was great! Thanks for inviting us, we had a blast, and thanks to Ryan & you for all the hard work that he put into getting everything ready for us to have that fun day. We will definately have to do it again!!
Post a Comment