Saturday, June 28, 2008

Annual Ice Cream Day!

On my side of the family June 27th has been declared Ice Cream Day. This tradition began several years ago in honor of my Grandpa Blake's birthday. He passed away in 2002 but we still celebrate his birthday. He loved ice cream. Sometimes he would give me $20 and say go get yourself a little sundae. I think almost everytime I saw him we had ice cream in some fashion. So as a day to remember him, his life, and his legacy we celebrate with ICE CREAM. It is a great way to talk to my kids about such a wonderful man. They know who he is even though they never met him here in this life. I miss him but think about him often. I try to live in a way that he would approve. He is such an honorable man with a strong work ethic, a powerful testimony of the Savior and a twinkling sense of humor. He is everything I hope to become. I feel so priviledged and grateful that I am associated with someone so remarkable as him. Happy Birthday Grandpa!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

My kids giggle cuz they remember him calling us in Cincinnati and saying "HELLOoooooooooo. You're looking well."
He was a GREAt grandpa.

teamw said...

what a fun tradition, and who doen't like ice cream...except for Carlton, weirdo

Alexis said...

What a great tradition and fun way to remember your grandpa, I remember my great aunt would take us to get sundaes and to either chuck e cheese or a buffet when we would see her. She's the bingo aunt!!