Thursday, May 22, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This

So this is the new song pulling at my heart strings. I know I am not a "live in the now" person but I want to be. I want to appreciate where I am at now instead of dreaming for what life is to come. I know the time of having my kids be little is short and I want to treasure those moments. Already life has passed by too quickly and they are growing up so fast. I AM going to miss this. I AM going to want this time back. So today, I am going to love where I am at. A stay at home mom of three great little kids, a wife of an amazing pilot, living in a cute little house in Kentucky.

You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins

9 comments:

Becky said...

LOVE this song! THanks for sharing!

Becky said...

p.s. this song totally made me cry.

Minwimm said...

I totally agree. I am definitely going to miss when my boys won't cuddle with me anymore! They are so darn cute right now.

teamw said...

this song will bring a tear to my eye just thinking of the lyrics. Trace sang this song at the finale of the Apprentice last season... I should buy stock in Kleenex.

Julie said...

My girls and I listen to this song with our breakfast. They aren't quite sure why I like it so much-- they'll know someday!

The Azel's said...

T, I've never heard this song before but Derek and I were just talking about how Alexis is growing up so fast so I totally know what you mean. We are blessed to have such wonderful kids. And I love the song too. B

Clint Carter said...

I've been trying to do the same thing. Instead of being frustrated at my kids for yelling and screaming and jumping all over the house, I need to enjoy that happy carcophony of little voices in the house. It won't always be that way and I know when I get older, I will miss this playful noise.

Melinda said...

I love that song. Leave it to those country guys to make your heart melt.

It's hard as a mom to not wish our lives were more calm........but I'm sure when are lives are calm we are going to yearn for the chaos. Go figure!!! My problem is that as I wish for that selfish time when Luke will finally be in school.......it causes Tom to be rushed out of my house sooner. I don't want that day to come too soon............so I'm also trying to enjoy the place where I'm at.

Susan said...

Take it from someone who knows...the days seem long when there is supper to fix and meetings to go to and 6 little people who all need your love and attention. BUT...the time comes swiftly when you yearn for someone to nurture and love and listen to. You all know I'm not a country western fan but this song got me the first time I heard it. I wanted to gather my own kids around me and say LISTEN!!! Be happy in this crazy time. Invest in your kids. It is the BEST TIME!! Love MOM