Aidan had to give a talk in Primary. Given that it was fast Sunday we decided to have him talk about testimonies. Here is his talk.
A testimony is a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost. A testimony has five basic parts, the knowledge that Jesus Christ is our Savior; that Joseph Smith was a prophet; that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Savior's true Church; and that the Church is led by a living prophet today and that the Book of Mormon is true.
A testimony grows through good choices and experiences and grows as we pray and learn. It gets bigger as we obey Heavenly Father's commandments. A testimony makes us strong and helps us say no to Satan's temptations. We can have a testimony now and be strong righteous children of God.
Of course I was helping him read this but after this part was done I whispered into his ear, Okay Aidan, now bear your testimony. I sat down and Aidan bore his testimony all on his own. He said, "I know Jesus is our Savior. I know he loves us. I know President Monson is a prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is true."
I was so proud of him. We play a little game at home that has been named the "I know" game. After we read scriptures we take turns sharing our testimonies or what we "know". We have tried to teach our kids early the importance of having a testimony. Through their own spiritual experiences they will "know" that the gospel is true and they will be able to make good choices because of their strength. I sure love these little spirits and all the things that they "know".
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish I could have been there to see him give his talk. We miss you guys. I especially miss being in primary. I had to go to relief society on Sunday and it was not as much fun. I love your blog, you do a great job!!!
I love the idea of the "I know" game. How did you get so smart?
He did a great job, I just wish that we had the microphone in there so that you could hear better. But he was so cute up there. I like the idea of baring your testimony after reading scriptures.
What a great game!
Post a Comment