Monday, January 21, 2008

Children vs. Parents

You know when your kid gets in trouble or you tell them to stop doing something they tend to get mad at you and say things back to you like, "I'm running away!" I'm sure this conversation has gone on between parents and children for centuries. I think it is an innate response from children because where else would they learn it? Well, my children have their own responses.

Aidan: I don't want to be a part of this family anymore. OR
I want to live by myself. OR I don't like you anymore.

Lacey: You aren't invited to my birthday. OR I don't like you anymore.

Well yesterday Aidan started singing a popular primary song but added his own twist. Do you think this has gone too far? Should I be worried? Actually, we thought it was hilarious. Hence the video. Listen carefully for the changes.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

How totally funny!!!! He is a creative little dude isn't he? Megan tells me, "You are not my sunshine!" and "You are the worstest mom".

That is a great little video. TFS

teamw said...

Such a boy thing to do! All boys that I know get the biggest kick out of changing words to songs and it is pretty funny...I just didn't realize it started so young :) I wouldn't worry about it unless he's 18 and singing the same version :)

Becky said...

That is so funny. Garrett and I watched it and of course Garrett thought it was funny (and said, "Hey! It's the BOY Aidan!")
My kids turn it around on me: "I don't think you love me anymore." or "I wish you loved me."
Nice.

analee hirschi said...

I think the most devistating thing is that you aren't invited to laceys birthday.... that is hilarious.

Shelley Stephens said...

I think it's funny too. It's pretty funny that he got the words to go along with the song and make it work. Its funny too the little grin he gets on his face when he says it. The other day when Jase got mad he told us he wanted a new daddy. In the long run they never mean it.