
I found out this morning that President Hinckley passed away. He was the prophet and president of our church. He was such an amazing man and lived such an honorable life of service and leadership. He was such a cute man with inspiring words and such humility. I felt like he was my grandpa and loved to see the twinkle in his eye and his cute smile. I will sadly miss him.
You know just recently I was thinking about how people will break out in tears when one of their favorite actors dies or music artists. I always thought that was kind of weird and that I would never do that. Well, this morning when I found out President Hinckley died I did just that. I broke out in tears. In a way I was surprised by my reaction but I guess if I am to cry like that for any celebrity it would be him.
Aidan came in to see why I was crying and I told him Pres. Hinckley died. He gave me a big hug and said, "Who is going to be our new prophet?" I was impressed that he understood that we still needed a prophet and that although one died another one will be chosen by Heavenly Father to take his place. Aidan also asked me if I wanted him to snuggle me. What a sensitive boy. When Lacey came in to see why I was crying I told her too that Pres. Hinckley died. The first thing she said was, "Let's call our daddy." Then she said, "When will he be alive again so we can see him?" I told her that he was alive but was living with Jesus now.
I will be thinking about him all day today. I sure loved him.
4 comments:
He's been the only prophet all my kids have known. What a great leader. I felt he was everyone's grandpa too.
How are they going to change the "latter day prophet" song in primary?
So true. My daughter asked me if he was able to pack his bags before he died....I guess I need to explain a little more about not taking it all with you!
I love that pic you found! It is such a perfect protrayal of sweet Pres. Hinckley! I'm glad we know that he is back with his wife and still have his council to follow.
That was very sweet. Your kids are so sensitive and sweet, too. Hope you have that baby soon! If you need anything, I'm willing to help! (Hope you don't mind me adding you as a fellow blogger!) Laura Jansson
Post a Comment