So it has begun. I am to the point in my pregnancy where I don't sleep at night. I dread going to sleep because I know it is just an 8 hour battle of discomfort. I am a side sleeper but now I can't really do that. If I am on my side this little girl starts kicking like crazy expressing her discomfort and she won't stop until I move. Learning to sleep on my back is so hard. That is why I am now to where I sleep with at least 6 pillows. I have them all strategically placed for optimal comfort. It sure is a pain though when one falls off the bed or it loses its place in my design for comfort.
I usually start the night at 10 p.m. and work at it until 7:30 a.m. Only really getting 2 hours of straight sleep. I am usually up every hour gazing at the clock wondering how much longer of this night I have to endure. It explains why I need a nap by early afternoon. Last night I slept from 1:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. without waking up. Is that a complete miracle or what? I figure this is mother nature's way of prepping you for when the baby comes and is up in the night. You are used to losing sleep already so it really is no change.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember, I remember!!! I'd get into bed and instead of welcoming it.....I dreaded it. I found that if I put a small pillow under my belly to kindof prop it up, I did better and could still sleep on my side.
So sorry. I can only wish you many of those 4 hours blocks of sleep.
I so remember that. The problem I have is that I kept the pillows. I still need 6 to go to sleep. I don't wake up though. I actually remember sleeping on the couch. It would support my back and my belly and I could sleep. I never started out on the couch. It was only when I was really desperate. Good luck Tiff.
Post a Comment