Friday, December 10, 2010

Southern Lights

A pilot friend of Ryan's invited us to join his family to Southern Lights in Lexington at the Horse Park. It was a little drive but it was worth it. Southern lights is a drive thru Christmas light display. If you tuned to a certain radio station Christmas music accompanied the whole adventure. The lights were so fun. They had some lights that went off in sequence so it looked like the figures were moving. They had Churchill downs, horses racing, marching toy soldiers, the 12 days of Christmas and a lot more.
After the lights we went to the main building to see a bunch more fun things. We rode on a cute little train that was all lit up.
That is Ryan's friend and not just some strange guy with our kids. He opted to ride in the caboose with all the kids while Ryan and I snuggled in our own car. Sounds cool but I really felt silly riding the train with no kids in our car.
Next they had a whole display of electric trains of all sizes. The kids loved watching them go through such intricate villages.
And the part the kids were most excited for was the HUGE bag of kettle corn to end the night. Must admit I make it better. The kids loved it though! Anything seems cool when it comes in bulk!
We had such a fun night. All the kids were demanded we go next year. So I think we found a new Kentucky Christmas tradition!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

That bag of kettle corn is about as big as Cassidy. So cute.
They had one like that in the Charleston state park. We loved going there.

Susan said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I love those outings with all the lights and excitement and even the food! Yeah for you!!