My mom called me today and immediately just started reading me a letter she and my dad had received in the mail. I thought she was reading me a letter my dad had received and already talked to me about but I got confused when I heard my son's name mentioned. Then it clicked. Remember the story where Aidan called the neighbor boy Uchtdorf ? My dad enjoyed the story so much he felt the need to write the story to Pres. Uchtdorf himself. My dad had told me awhile ago that he had done that. I was a little embarrassed but didn't think much of it. Well, the letter my parents received was from the office of the First Presidency, from President Uchtdorf. 

I was laughing so hard when my mom was done reading it to me. I was in shock and a little embarrassed. I hope he took the story well. But honestly to hear him write about MY OWN son and reference MY FAMILY was amazing. For one tiny moment, President Uchtdorf was thinking about MY FAMILY. We really love him and look forward to every time he speaks. We have a special place in our hearts for him because of who he is and also because he is a pilot. We felt honored he had replied to our silly story. Aidan was beaming when he read the actual letter. It will be something he will treasure for a lifetime.
7 comments:
that is so awesome, although in dad's letter he said you lived in Tennessee, which I will blame on his amnesia.
What a treasure to have
Amazing and so cool! I loved that story...it made me and Jon laugh so hard.
I love the story.
I loved the part where he said Aidan must come from a good family since he knew the names of the Brethern. Knowing him, he probalby got a good chuckle out of your story.
We love him too. He is a happy, sincere, relateable man.
First of all the story was so funny. But then my crazy husband decided to share it. I was totally embarassed that he would do that. I know these great men have more to do than hear funny storied. BUT...when we got the letter back I was so surprised! It really made me realize that even the prophets and apostles are human and enjoy the craziness that goes with family. It also increased the evidence that I believe in a God that is loving and has a sense of humor. What a treasure for Aidan.
That is so cool and so special. I'm sure that Aidan will always remember this the rest of his life.
How fun! I'm glad Aidan will have that to look back on later. Now I feel guilty for not doing "Thank You" notes, if an apostle can do them, SO CAN I!! :)
Post a Comment