Aidan from birth has had Husky gear. It has been ingrained from the womb that he would be a Husky football fan. Just recently we needed to update Aidan's Husky gear so when we were in Seattle he got a Husky Jersey of #10 Jake Locker. He loves it. He loves that he gets to wear the quarterbacks jersey.
Well, recently BYU played the Huskies. Aidan was asking questions trying to figure out what team was which. Ryan explained that the purple team with the "W" was the Huskies and the blue team with the "Y" was BYU. After a few minutes of contemplation Aidan asked, "Well dad, then why do I have a purple jersey?" I laughed my head off while Ryan was on the verge of tears. What happened here? All this time he was molding a Husky fan and out of no where a BYU fan pops up. I guess there is some Carter deep in him somewhere.
After Grandpa Carter heard that one, Aidan soon had his own BYU t-shirt that he wore for 2 days straight. Thanks Grandpa for continuing on the BYU fan heritage.



3 comments:
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY NEPHEW?!? I think I'm going to be sick.
wahoo!!!! GO cougars!!! We've turned into more BSU fans than BYU. WE all have orange shirts. go figure. Although we are going to a BYU/Utah State game in a couple of weeks. Do you think grandpa could set us up with some blue/white gear for the game?
We are still rooting for the Cougs at our house. We usually head down to the "Y" each year for the Homecoming game. This year it is October 11th.
Post a Comment