Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tuesday Top Ten

I'm starting a Tuesday Top Ten of things I have been doin', likin' and lovin'!

1. Cassidy- I'm just totally lovin' on her.2. Red Box. I have become addicted to the video rental Red Box that you find at Mc Donalds. Two movies I rented lately: Definitely, Maybe (Loved it. It is a without your hubby chickflick) and also Cloverfield (HATED IT!!!!!! don't rent it. Lamest movie of the year. Just so you know, Ryan hated it too!)

3. Grilled Hamburgers. Ryan is a great grillin' man. He puts on Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce and it is so yum. I feel like that girl (not Paris Hilton) on the Carl's Jr. commercial that is eating that big sloppy hamburger except that I'm not a beautiful model. 4. The Library. Totally been using it for entertainment purposes lately. Books, videos, recipe books. Great stuff.

5. The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. Just finished it. Good easy read. 6. Orbits Sweet Mint gum. 7. Trying new recipes. I'm on a kick to find some new recipes. This is one of my all time favorites http://www.mccormick.com/recipedetail.cfm?id=453

8. Daiquiris. I have been making daiquiris from the Bacardi's frozen mixes. I just don't add the alcohol. They are so yum. We have done strawberry, pina colada, and peach. If you add a little whip cream to the strawberry one...it is divine. I also found these great new daiquiri glasses at Walmart for 50 cents each. That is half the fun, the cool glasses.

9. Design Star on HGTV. I like Trish the best (Project Runway starts this week. Can't wait!)

10. Food storage. I think since the priceof gas has gone up so crazy high, it has really freaked me out. Plus our branch has done some great things to teach about food storage. So I am makin' my game plan. I have allocated an amount of money each month to buy items for food storage. I have a list for spending $5 a week on food storage. I think I will follow that and add maybe some of my own items. This week: 20 lbs of sugar.

4 comments:

Clint Carter said...

Did you know that you can look online at what your local Red Box has on hand. You can also reserve that movie online so that when you get to the store, you just swipe your credit card (the same one you used to reserver the movie) and it will dispense the movie to you. We tried this system last weekend and it worked great.

http://www.redbox.com

Melinda said...

Love the top ten tues. It's fun to see what you're crazy about. WE had daquiris in canada and they thought my friend was the coolest.

I've met another person that does Flashback fridays. It's funny to see the pictures, but I don't usually read all the commentary. But a cute idea non the less.

Becky said...

Love the Top Ten Tuesday!
Write more about your food storage...it's alway interesting to me how other people are working on it.
Cassidy is a doll!

Laura Jansson said...

Loving the top ten tues. :)